Wednesday 14 August 2013

The winners are...........

Well hello Everyone how are you doing?  I hope you are all well, happy and contented.  I have had a very busy day but one filled with laughter and happiness as we spent more time with our delightful grandson.  It is amazing how children can transform your day to day life with their uncomplicated views on life - they really put things into perspective with their honesty and humour. 
 
My grandson was very excited to hear that he was going to be part of the grand draw today for my blog - he doesn't really understand what a blog is mind you but he was thrilled anyway.  I really, really wished that I could send you all a little gift as I count you all as my dear friends now, even though my blog has only been going since May.  The support and encouragement I have received has been overwhelming and I thank my lucky stars that I started this tremendous journey.  Thank you one and all for taking part and I hope that this will be part of my other giveaways as my blog continues.
 
I do apologise as I am not that confident with the mechanics of blogging as yet so haven't got the knowledge of how to do the computerised random selection process.  If anyone can put me right on this I would really appreciate it as I want you all to know that I am being fair throughout the whole process.  I was so pleased that my lovely grandson was able to take part and be entirely objective about it.
 
I went through all the blog comments and made a note of the names and the bloggers and put them all in the coffee pot and then shook them all up to make sure that they were fairly distributed to give everyone a chance.   As you can see, Miss Bunny watched over this part of the selection.
 

My grandson then gave the coffee pot another good shake and picked out the first name.


Another big shake and then the second name was chosen out of the coffee pot.

 
 
And the first winner is..............


And the second winner is...........


So Miss Bunny is now officially Miss Flora Grace which I think really suits her.  What do you think?  Now Flora Grace would like to send out a huge thank you to everyone, she adored every name sent in and was only too disappointed that we weren't able to send a gift to you all. 
 
Could Lesley and Coddyette get in touch with me via the message form at the bottom of the page and I can parcel up your goodies and send them to you.  I must say that I have really enjoyed this little giveaway and hope to do many many more in the future.  Thank you for all taking part and being such fun along the way.

I have a nice surprise this morning when a lovely teapot which I had bid for on Ebay arrived.  I won it for a princely sum of £2 and just love it as I have been wanting a crinoline lady for ages.  She is in such good condition and has no nicks or breaks, perfect.  I gave her a good wash ready to introduce you to her, I think she is a little sweetie, what do you think?  Many years ago I used to collect teapots but found that they did take up a lot of room on the shelves so eventually donated them to a charity shop, something I regret now.  I have a few now but try to limit myself due to lack of space.  I won't be giving her to a charity shop though, she is staying!
 

I am trying hard to finish off projects so over the last couple of days I have nearly finished two more.  Below is a little crochet heart which I made, I got help from Lucy in Attic 24, a blog I really love as she is so helpful and interesting.  I think it came out ok but I need to do more work on the shapes to build up my confidence. 
 

The second project was one I started absolutely ages ago and as you can see, it is a felted bag.  Now this one was sewn up before felting and was so much easier to complete.  I have now lined it and put on the handles and just need to add the ribbon and the felted flower - do you like it Everyone?
 



 
Well Everyone it has been so lovely to speak with you all.  I am sorry that I do not have an awful lot to show you tonight but I do need to crack on now and complete the pink felted satchel.  I must admit that today I couldn't face returning to it as I had a lot to do - children do expect our attention and I love to make sure I give it to them.  I know you will all know what I mean - it is a labour of love. 
 
I really want to finish the satchel and keep on chipping away at the other unfinished projects from my sewing room.  I am determined not to buy any more yarn and try to stop myself buying fabric although I do find it very difficult.  I will speak to you all tomorrow hopefully.  Have a lovely evening or day depending on where you are.  Well done to Lesley and Coddyette and a big thank you from Miss Flora Grace and me.  Speak very soon, lots of love, Dorothy :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Flora Grace is the perfect name for Miss Bunny! What a lovely tea pot, I love tea pots too and have a few but they do take up quite a bit of space. Your bag is very nice too, you have inspired me to take a turn at felting, it looks like fun. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise thank you for the lovely comments, she is very happy now with her name. I hope you have a go at felting it is such fun.
      Lots of love
      Dorothy
      :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty name for your bunny Dorothy and congratulations to your winners!
    Your tea pot is so pretty as are your latest makes.
    Hope you're having a lovely week with your little grandson,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan thanks for the lovely comments, you are so inspirational, have a great day.
      Lots of love
      Dorothy
      :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to Lesley and Coddyette, lovely names for a lovely Bunny.
    I really smiled at the photos and comments on the lead up to your announcement.
    I still remember a teapot I bought at a Jumble Sale as a girl back in the 50's. It was a beautifully decorated elephant. It sat on my bedroom windowsill for years. Wish I knew what happened to it.
    Yours is lovely.
    So pleased you managed to finish the grey and cream felted bag.
    Lying in bed last night I decided to get a big box to put all my half finished projects in. At the moment they are scattered to the 4 winds. That may jolly me along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cally thanks for your lovely comments as always, I hope you have pulled out that big box now and had a look, we are all waiting to hear about it. Hope you received my email.
      Lots of love
      Dorothy
      :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  4. Miss Flora Grace suits bunny very well. Like Cally I decided yesterday to put all my half done projects in a box and just pull out one at random. Hopefully my lovely DIL will get the crochet flower corsage started a year ago in her stocking this year. Maybe you could choose a day a week Dorothy when we post what we have done it would be a challenge to empty our boxes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary how lovely of you to visit - I have been looking for your blog and found one but not sure if it is current, would love to follow you Hilary. Would love to hear more about you. Have a great day
      Lots of love
      Dorothy
      :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  5. Wow! I am very excited! I am actually on holiday the moment (and fighting with my phone to write this) so I will contact you when I get back. I am so glad you are enjoying your grandson! Thank you so much for hosting the giveaway, Lesley x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley you have a lovely holiday. I did try to email you via your blog but it didn't work, I guess it is me as I am not that computer perfect. I have left a contact form at the bottom of my blog pages which does seem to work so if you could use that it would be great. Look forward to speaking with you Lesley and congratulations.
      Lots of love
      Dorothy
      :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete