Thursday 9 May 2013

Making a Tilda purse

Hi Everyone hope you are all ok.  I have been trying to sort out my sewing room over the weekend and finding lots of little projects from magazines that I had bought ages ago so decided that it was now time to tackle these one by one.  Hopefully this will free up space and also keep me on track with my sewing/knitting/crochet instead of having all these half finished projects.  I found this Tilda project which I thought was do-able in an evening and was so pretty.  I just love Tilda and all her projects, I do have all her books and am constantly pouring over them thinking - 'if only I had the time!'.  Well I have to make the time now so decided to have a go.  Everything was contained in the book so no excuses and I just loved the colour combinations - so Tilda.  I wonder if you like Tilda too?  I suppose she is not to everyone's taste.

The instructions were really clear but I do have a confession to make!  Remember when I told you that I was like a bull in a china shop - well it has happened again.  In my haste to get going on the purse I stupidly cut out the spotted material instead of following the instructions and keeping it uncut.  Now, I would usually have lost heart at this stage but decided to carry on and make the best of it, after all it wasn't going to be the end of the world.  I also decided to hand sew it so I could also watch a programme on TV which I didn't want to miss............It all came together quite nicely but one thing I realise I must do for the blog is to take more photographs.  I have been thinking about another camera but after taking some advice from the lovely Tina, I have decided not to rush out just yet but continue with my mobile phone, so do apologise to my lovely readers about the quality of the images.  As you can probably see, photography is not my best medium.

I did have to fiddle around with the spotted material in order to make it all fit together reasonably well but did get  there in the end with a lot of help from my iron.........it is a wonder tool for sewing I must admit.
I think it looks so pretty but as I am looking at the picture now it would appear that the little fastening could have been a little more central, although I did measure and measure again.  I was pleased with the end product and it is nicely lined in white fabric.  Well I do hope you all like it and not think it is too amateurish, I hope that I can use it to store some sewing things.  I enjoyed doing it and must admit that having a blog is already having a massive effect on my work ethic with regards to my sewing.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day and it is not too rainy or cold.
Here is the finished little purse, such a cutie - I did add some little flowers too which I hope you like.  Bye for now.xx


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little purse! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina it is a sweet little thing and so nice to make. Thank you for taking the time to visit, as always it is lovely to see you.
    Dorothy
    :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also made this purse a while back and surprised myself at how easy it was. Like you I love Tilda and am trying to make a patchwork quilt for my bed with her charm pack. I will certainly be adding your blog to my list. Hugs Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete